32nd Annual International Conference of the
IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
"Merging Medical Humanism and Technology"
August 31 - September 4, 2010
Buenos Aires Sheraton Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
EMBC 2010 successfully concluded with more than 1900 participants and more than 2300 papers submitted.
Check out the photo gallery here!
Buenos Aires offers traditional tours about architectures, open air places, neighborhoods and tango houses. To know more about the City of Buenos Aires and Argentina please, visit Official Tourism Site of The City of Buenos Aires or Secretaria de Turismo de la Nacion
EMB Student Paper Competition
Congratulations to the following students for being selected as finalists to the EMB Student Paper Competition co-sponsored by the National Science Foundation!
- Latin America: Eduardo Giraldo, Universidad Tecnologica de Pereira, Columbia
"Estimation of Dynamic Neural Activity Using a Kalman Filter Approach Based on Physiological Models"
- North America: Arash A. Fomani, University of Waterloo, Canada
"3D Microbes for Deep Brain Stimulation and Recording"
- Europe: Olgac Ergeneman, ETHZ Zurich
"Oxygen Sensing Using Microrobots"
- Asia-Pacific: Javed Faizan, University of New South Wales, Australia
"Linear Parameter Varying System Based Modeling of Hemodynamic Response to Profiled Hemodialysis"
- Middle East/Africa: There were no papers qualified for a Geo-Finalist from this area therefore the SPC Committee selected an additional
- Marcos Bolanos, Michigan State University, USA
"Graph Analysis of Neuronal Interactions for the Error-Related Negativity"
- Brian D'Allessandro,New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
"Multispectral Transillumination Imaging of Skin Lesions for Oxygenated and Deoxygenated Hemoglobin Measurement"
- Charmaine Demanuele, University of Southampton, UK
"Slow Neuronal Oscillations in the Resting Brain vs Task Execution: A BSS Investigation of EEG Recordings"
- Justin Haldar, University of Illinois, USA
"Label-Free High Resolution Imaging of Live Cells with Deconvolved Spatial Light Interference Microscopy"
- April Khademi, University of Toronto, Canada
"Edge-Based Partial Volume Averaging Estimation for FLAIR MRI with White Matter Lesions"
- Roberto Fabio Leonarduzzi, Universidad Nacional de Entre Rios, Argentina
"Wavelet Leader Based Multifractal Analysis of Heart Rate Variability During Myocardial Ischaemia"
- Wei Li, Fraunhofer Institute for Biomedical Engineering, Germany
"On-Chip Integrated Lensless Microscopy Module for Optical Monitoring of Adherent Growing Mammalian Cells"
- Silvia Muceli, Aalborg University, Germany
"Multichannel Surface EMG Based Estimation of Bilateral Hand Kinematics During Movements At Multiple Degrees of Freedom"
- Abhishek Rege, Johns Hopkins University, USA
"Imaging Microvascular Flow Characteristics Using Laser Speckle Contrast Imaging"
- Suvimol Sangkatumvong, University of Southern California, USA
"Time-varying Analysis of Autonomic Control in Response to Spontaneous Sighs in Sickle Cell Anemia"
- Rina Zelmann, McGill University, Canada
"Automatic Detector of High Frequency Oscillations for Human Recordings with Macroelectrodes"
Each Finalist will present their work as scheduled for a conference presentation and during special sessions for the Student Paper Competition on Wednesday, 1 September 2010.
Results of the Competition will be announced at the Welcome Reception.
Good luck to all the participants!
- Biomedical Signal Processing.
- Biomedical Image and Image Processing.
- Bioinstrumentation: Sensors, Micro, Nano and Wearable Technologies.
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology; Systems Biology, Modeling Methodologies.
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems Engineering.
- Neural Engineering, Neuromuscular Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering.
- Molecular and Cellular Biomechanics, Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials.
- Bio-Robotics, Surgical Planning and Orthopedics Biomechanics.
- Therapeutics and Diagnostic Systems, Devices and Technologies, Clinical Engineering.
- Healthcare Information Systems, Telemedicine.
- Technology Commercialization, Education, Industry and Society.
|February 10, 2010||Workshops / Symposia proposal|
|April 23, 2010||Four Page Paper Submission|
|June 1, 2010||Notification of Acceptance|
|June 25, 2010||Author Final Submission|
|July 28, 2010||Early Registration / Hotel Reservation|
|July 31, 2010||Exhibition Booth/Table Reservation|
CONFERENCE & PROGRAM CHAIRS
|Conference Chair||Ricardo Armentano
Favaloro University (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
|Conference Co-Chair||Donna Hudson
University of California (San Francisco, USA)
|Program Chair||Jorge E. Monzon
Universidad Nacional del Nordeste (Argentina)
|Program Co-Chair||James L. Patton
University of Illinois (Chicago, USA)
|Favaloro University||Av. Belgrano 1723 (C1093AAS)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone: +54 11 4378 1117
Fax: +54 11 4384 0782
|EMBS Executive Office||Phone: 732 981-3451
Fax: 732 465-6435